Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pictures!

Well, I have a little time, and a computer, so here are a few more pictures of my time!

This is another in my series on Anglican Churches and Palm Trees - I just can't get enough! This is Christ Church, Kotte (Kotte is a suburb of Colombo)


This is my supervisor, the Rev. Dr. Jayasiri Peiris. He is also the vicar at Christ Church Kotte. Notice that he is not wearing a white cassock, but rather the Sri Lankan National Dress (white sarong with a white tunic on top)


This is a view of life from a 3-wheeler, the small independent taxis that you see all over the streets of Sri Lanka. What the picture doesn't convey is the bumpy roads, the choking exhaust and the near misses from buses. Better than a motorcycle though.

1 comment:

  1. Father Reynard visits Sri Lanka. Or Ceylon, as it was in his day.

    ReplyDelete